The SurveyLA Blog
SurveyLA is the first-ever comprehensive program to identify significant historic resources throughout Los Angeles, a project of the City of Los Angeles Office of Historic Resources, with funding support from the J. Paul Getty Trust.
This blog is a companion to the SurveyLA web site, providing a more informal chronicle of the project, whether from our office at City Hall or out in the field with the survey teams. Written primarily by SurveyLA volunteers and interns, the blog aims to capture the flavor of the city, as SurveyLA discovers Los Angeles' rich historic resources. As the survey progresses, this site will also provide a unique and broad-ranging view of the city's built environment and heritage, and a day-to-day record of one of the most ambitious local historic preservation survey projects in the nation.
Green Realty on The Perfect LA House SurveyLA on SurveyLA’s Findings in P… Alfie on SurveyLA’s Findings in P… Vernon on The Perfect LA House
Search the Blog
- Join us for a community meeting on March 11th at @HolmanUMC and help contribute to #LA's #AfricanAmerican Historic… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
- Happy New Year! Fresh off the presses is the first OHR E-Newsletter of 2017: preservation.lacity.org/sites/default/… 4 months ago
- Care about #LA #Latino #history? Join @LAConservancy & @SurveyLA Tues Mar 3 & share stories about places that matter! http://t.co/6Z4rTWQHFg 2 years ago
- RT @LAConservancy: Join @LAConservancy & @SurveyLA Tues Mar 3 & share stories about places that matter to #Latino #history http://t.co/vX8T… 2 years ago
- Architecture Arlington Heights Baldwin Hills Brentwood Canoga Park Community Plan Updates community workshops CRA Surveys Del Rey East La Tuna Canyon Encino Expo Line Fieldwork FiGSS Gebhard and Winter green building Group 1 Group 2 Group 4 Group 5 Harbor City Harbor Gateway Historic Context Statement (HCS) Historic Preservation Hollywood Jefferson Park John Lautner Lake View Terrace Leimert Park Los Angeles Los Angeles River Mar Vista Modernism MyHistoricLA MindMixer NavigateLA Northeast Los Angeles North Hollywood Office of Historic Resources OHR OHR Interns Pacific Palisades Palms participating without English Phase 1 Phase 3 Richard J. Neutra San Fernando Valley San Pedro Shadow Hills Sherman Oaks Social History Southeast LA South Los Angeles Studio City Sunland Sunland-Tujunga survey Survey LA surveyLA SurveyLA Reports Tarzana Toluca Lake Tujunga USC Valley Village West Adams West Hills West Los Angeles Westwood William Krisel Wilmington Winnetka Woodland Hills Year 1 ZIMAS
Tag Archives: Southeast LA
By David J. Barboza How much of what land uses should go where? How should we get around town? What should we do to preserve and benefit from our history? These are some of the key questions that the community … Continue reading
By David J. Barboza When you think of historic resources in Southeast Los Angeles what comes to mind? Perhaps the Watts Towers, Simon Rodia’s stunning collection of 17 structural steel sculptures built with nothing but simple tools. Maybe the Ralph … Continue reading