The SurveyLA Blog
SurveyLA is the first-ever comprehensive program to identify significant historic resources throughout Los Angeles, a project of the City of Los Angeles Office of Historic Resources, with funding support from the J. Paul Getty Trust.
This blog is a companion to the SurveyLA web site, providing a more informal chronicle of the project, whether from our office at City Hall or out in the field with the survey teams. Written primarily by SurveyLA volunteers and interns, the blog aims to capture the flavor of the city, as SurveyLA discovers Los Angeles' rich historic resources. As the survey progresses, this site will also provide a unique and broad-ranging view of the city's built environment and heritage, and a day-to-day record of one of the most ambitious local historic preservation survey projects in the nation.
Green Realty on The Perfect LA House SurveyLA on SurveyLA’s Findings in P… Alfie on SurveyLA’s Findings in P… Vernon on The Perfect LA House
Search the Blog
- Care about #LA #Latino #history? Join @LAConservancy & @SurveyLA Tues Mar 3 & share stories about places that matter! http://t.co/6Z4rTWQHFg 4 months ago
- RT @LAConservancy: Join @LAConservancy & @SurveyLA Tues Mar 3 & share stories about places that matter to #Latino #history http://t.co/vX8T… 4 months ago
- RT @LandUseLA: #LAPlanning unveils new look on website: cityplanning.lacity.org. New front-page features include calendar, more tabs http://… 4 months ago
- RT @LAConservancy: New LA site maps 29 HPOZs, 430 historic districts, 1,065 historic monuments -- and more fw.to/smWP3OX 4 months ago
- Architecture Arlington Heights Baldwin Hills Brentwood Canoga Park Community Plan Updates community workshops CRA Surveys Del Rey East La Tuna Canyon Encino Expo Line Fieldwork FiGSS Gebhard and Winter green building Group 1 Group 2 Group 4 Group 5 Harbor City Harbor Gateway Historic Context Statement (HCS) Hollywood Jefferson Park John Lautner Lake View Terrace Leimert Park Los Angeles Los Angeles River Mar Vista Modernism MyHistoricLA MindMixer NavigateLA Northeast Los Angeles North Hollywood OHR Interns Pacific Palisades Palms participating without English Phase 1 Phase 3 Playa del Rey post-wwII development Richard J. Neutra San Fernando Valley San Pedro Shadow Hills Sherman Oaks Social History Southeast LA South Los Angeles Studio City Sunland Sunland-Tujunga survey surveyLA SurveyLA Reports Tarzana Toluca Lake Tujunga USC Valley Village West Adams Westchester West Hills West Los Angeles Westwood William Krisel Wilmington Wilshire Center / Koreatown Winnetka Woodland Hills Year 1 ZIMAS
Tag Archives: Phase 1
By David J. Barboza SurveyLA has just hit an exciting milestone. For the first time ever, SurveyLA reports are available online for public viewing and downloading. To see them please visit the Survey Findings portion of our main website. You … Continue reading
By David J. Barboza This April, Los Angeles and Culver City saw the debut of the first passenger rail line to strike out to the Westside since the 1950s. The Expo Line’s first phase is 8.6 miles long and includes … Continue reading