The SurveyLA Blog
SurveyLA is the first-ever comprehensive program to identify significant historic resources throughout Los Angeles, a project of the City of Los Angeles Office of Historic Resources, with funding support from the J. Paul Getty Trust.
This blog is a companion to the SurveyLA web site, providing a more informal chronicle of the project, whether from our office at City Hall or out in the field with the survey teams. Written primarily by SurveyLA volunteers and interns, the blog aims to capture the flavor of the city, as SurveyLA discovers Los Angeles' rich historic resources. As the survey progresses, this site will also provide a unique and broad-ranging view of the city's built environment and heritage, and a day-to-day record of one of the most ambitious local historic preservation survey projects in the nation.
Green Realty on The Perfect LA House SurveyLA on SurveyLA’s Findings in P… Alfie on SurveyLA’s Findings in P… Vernon on The Perfect LA House
Search the Blog
- RT @latimes: There's a new sustainable version of the classic Eames molded fiberglass shell chair, made from recyclable fiberglass http://t… 4 days ago
- RT @hiddenla: "Canter’s Brothers Delicatessen with the founders at their 2323 Brooklyn Ave in Boyle Heights." fb.me/2uQvze4pk 4 days ago
- RT @NwUrbanFilmFest: "The national flower is the concrete cloverleaf." Lewis Mumford http://t.co/Ta6Ad4yXKE 4 days ago
- RT @nathanmasters: #Disneyland grew around this 118-yr-old palm tree, planted in 1896 on an Anaheim orange grove. southland.gizmodo.com/disneyland-gre… ht… 4 days ago
- Architecture Arlington Heights Baldwin Hills Brentwood Canoga Park Community Plan Updates community workshops CRA Surveys Del Rey East La Tuna Canyon Encino Expo Line Fieldwork FiGSS Gebhard and Winter green building Group 1 Group 2 Group 4 Group 5 Harbor City Harbor Gateway Historic Context Statement (HCS) Hollywood Jefferson Park John Lautner Lake View Terrace Leimert Park Los Angeles Los Angeles River Mar Vista Modernism MyHistoricLA MindMixer NavigateLA Northeast Los Angeles North Hollywood OHR Interns Pacific Palisades Palms participating without English Phase 1 Phase 3 Playa del Rey post-wwII development Richard J. Neutra San Fernando Valley San Pedro Shadow Hills Sherman Oaks Social History Southeast LA South Los Angeles Studio City Sunland Sunland-Tujunga survey surveyLA SurveyLA Reports Tarzana Toluca Lake Tujunga USC Valley Village West Adams Westchester West Hills West Los Angeles Westwood William Krisel Wilmington Wilshire Center / Koreatown Winnetka Woodland Hills Year 1 ZIMAS
Tag Archives: Leimert Park
http://mappingla.com/jefferson-park http://mappingla.com/leimert-park After Arlington Heights I headed just south of the 10 to see Katie Wollan and Sian Winship, also with Architectural Resource Group (ARG), as they worked on the survey there in the Jefferson Park and Leimert Park neighborhoods. … Continue reading
The OHR has now started SurveyLA historic resources surveys in Hollywood, Sunland-Tujunga, and West Adams-Baldwin Hills-Leimert! A note about mapping the neighborhoods for the Survey: SurveyLA’s survey areas are based on the City’s Community Plan Areas. You can see information … Continue reading
The OHR has selected Historic Resources Group (HRG) to complete the first group of Year 1 field surveys. They will be working as well with consultants from the Architectural Resources Group (ARG); Galvin Preservation Associates (GPA); and Page & Turnbull. Continue reading